Institute : Centre for Social Medicine
Level: Certificate Course
Intake Capacity : 25
The duration of course is three months (one month residential in two parts)
- Three weeks residential training at CSM
- Two months supervised work practice in the participants own area of work.
- Final One week feedback / activity evaluation at CSM, Loni
Aims & Content:
Objectives of the Course:
- Acquire a clear understanding of Social Health and Development.
- Learn practical skills to effectively manage projects of Social Health and Development for urban and rural community.
- Develop skills necessary to make Social & Community diagnosis, write a project proposal, generate resources, develop tools to monitor and evaluate projects.
- Participants develop action plan on Social Health and Development applicable to their own community.
- Learning from the experience of grassroots NGOs & workers.
- Ongoing support and feedback during the implementation of action plan.
- Opportunity for practical learning in the field by involving in Centres research and extension projects/programs.
Prerequisites & Admission procedure:
- The Course is designed for Doctors, Nurses, Social workers, Project Managers, Field Workers and other persons involved in health and development work.
- Working knowledge of English is essential.
- Interested candidates should send their duly filled-in prescribed application form.
Course Fee & Other Expenses:
The course fee for Indian Students for three months is Rs. 5000 (tuition, library and examination fee) at one installment. The Indian Students have to bear the lodging and boarding expenses on their own. Needy students may be considered for payment of course fee in installments. The Course fee for Foreign students is US $ 20 per day (includes training, lodging and boarding).
The Centre can assist students, if required, to identify private sharing hostels at reasonable rent near PIMSDU Campus
Preference will be given to candidates sponsored by GOs/NGOs engaged in health and development.
Certificate will be awarded at the end of the course on completion of three weeks residential training, two months project work, one week feedback, activity evaluation and written examination.