Empanelled for Public Health Research by NHSRC, New Delhi
PIMS – Deemed University has been empanelled by National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for providing ‘technical consultancy’ for conducing research in Public Health in the field of RCH, Nutrition and Gender, Human Resources Training for Health, evaluation of Community processes under NRHM, Information systems, Health financing and quality care. This empanelment is effective from December 2012 up to 31. 3. 2014.
The Centre for Social Medicine (CSM) – a constituent of unit of PIMS – Deemed University will coordinate with NHSRC, New Delhi and other constituent institutes/centres of PIMS for smooth conduction of the activity.
PIMS – Deemed University has been empanelled by State Health Systems Resource Centre (SHSRC), Pune, Government of Maharashtra for providing technical support to National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) and Public Health Department (PHD) of Maharashtra. As a technical consultant, PIMS is expected to extend project based consultancy to SHRC in the fields of Public Health, Economics, Human Resource Development. This empanelment is effective from Nov 2012 up to Oct. 2013.
The Centre for Social Medicine (CSM) – a constituent of unit of PIMS – Deemed niversity will coordinate with SHSRC, Pune and other constituent institutes/centres of PIMS for smooth conduction of the activity.
As on December 2012, the following three evaluation research studies are in progress at PIMS – Deemed University sanctioned by SHSRC, Pune
1. Evaluation of Functioning of District Appropriate Authority and District Advisory
Councils constituted under PCPNDT Act in Maharashtra.
2. Evaluation of two service NGOs from Akola and Thane.
3. Evaluation of Community-based Monitoring of Health Services in Maharashtra.
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences was given a status of Deemed University from 29th September, 2003 by Human Resource Development Ministry, Govt. of India on the advise of UGC under section (3) of UGC Act 1956 vide their notification No. F-9-11/2000-U.3.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for All India Common Entrance Test (PIMS-AICET-PG 2013 *) for selection of candidates for admission to Postgraduate Courses in Medicine (MD/MS/DIPLOMA) & Dentistry (MDS) for the academic year 2013-14 in the constituent colleges of Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences (Deemed University).
Intake Capacity MD/Ms/Diploma courses: Rural Medical College
Intake Capacity MDS Course: Rural Dental College
Duration of course: Three years course.
The respective Colleges are recognized by U.G.C (University Grants Commission) / M.C.I. (Medical Council of India) /D.C.I. (Dental Council of India) for both Undergradaute and post graduate courses.
Eligibility Criteria for appearing the Entrance Test. :
- Candidate seeking admission to postgraduate Medicine/Dentistry course should hold MBBS /BDS degree of recognized University by MCI/DCI.
- A candidate who has completed one year compulsory rotating internship or is likely to complete the same on or before 31 March, 2013 can appear for PIMS-AICET-PG 2013 .
- All such candidates will have to submit the documentary proof, from the Principal / Dean of the college regarding the likely date of completion of internship along with the manual application form, failing which the application shall be rejected.
- A candidate should have obtained permanent registration with MCI/DCI (as the case may be) or any state council. If candidate does not have such registration , he should obtain the same within one month from the date of his/her admission.
- Candidates who are previously registered and pursuing/completed the PG degree course or have obtained PG degree, are not eligible for appearing at PIMS-AICET-PG 2013.
- Candidates previously admitted to PG degree course and resigned/left the seat are not eligible for appearing at PIMS-AICET-PG 2013 .
- Candidates who have completed Medicine postgraduate diploma course or would be completing by 31.03.2013 will be eligible for PIMS-AICET-PG 2013 for admission to Medicine postgraduate degree in the same subject only.